The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian network, reaching 150 million people each year through its 190 member National Societies. We act before, during and after disasters and health emergencies to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people.
IFRC Logistics, Procurement and Supply Chain Management (LPSCM) has IT applications to support their activities across the globe (HQ and the different regional offices). These IT applications have been developed to fit our needs. There is no further functional upgrade on those applications, however, there is a need to provide support to end-users when incidents are occurring. IFRC LPSCM will at the same time be implementing an ERP system.
- The objective of this consultancy is to provide the support needed to end-users and solve incidents related to the IT applications and support the ERP implementation.
- Critical incidents shall be solved within 4 hours, medium within 24 hours and low within 72 hours.
- Minimise risk of system disruption by solving IT technical issues on the IT applications related to supply chain.
The assignment will include the following specific tasks:
- Be LPSCM’ systems and processes technical expert and focal point for all LPSCM systems to review and streamline some of the processes, aiming to propose possible process improvement in logistics, procurement and supply chain.
- Be the focal point for the logistics systems support as required.
- Support ERP implementation in logistics.
- The consultant will overview and coordinate the resolution of incidents with the technical IT Team and end-user form Logistic Procurement and Supply Chain management department, and potentially other stakeholders from Finance.
- The consultant will be report technically and managerially to the Global Logistics Advisor in LPSCM, Geneva.
- University degree in IT or other relevant area.
- At least five years of experience in User Acceptance Testing, ERP implementation and interface between user and IT
- Experienced at liaising and translating between technology and business needs as well as between IT systems and users helpdesk.
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Good organisational and co-ordination skills being able to successfully manage time, plans, projects and other related tasks
- Fluency in English is required, knowledge of another IFRC official language (French, Arabic, Spanish) is preferred